This post is not really education related...
I am starting to become really disappointed with myself in my job choice. I was really looking forward to moving out of the state and into a new, big city. Now that it looks like I will NOT be doing that, I am sad that I didn't make more of an effort to make it happen. One thing I said when I went into this program was that I did not want to stay in Michigan. I also said that I would NEVER work at a prestigious private school. Now I am doing both. What kind of person have I become? Am I selling out? Am I taking the easy way out? Am I just scared of what's out there? I'm so confused and unsettled with my life right now, and I don't know how to sort it out. If I choose not to sign this contract next week, I'll have to start the job hunt all over again, pretty much from square one. I hate feeling like this.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like you're doing some important thinking about who you are as a teacher, and what you hope to accomplish. To the extent that the issue goes beyond geography, I'd encourage you to continue that process and also (possibly?) to think about your early career as a place in which to continue working this out. You definitely have to trust your gut, and you have to be peaceful with your choice, but remember that you can make an impact (and I am confident that *you* will!) in lots of different settings.
Good luck hashing all of this out...
Post a Comment