Well, the semester is finally coming to a close... everything has gone so quickly and so slowly at the same time, if that even makes sense or is possible. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family and spending some time RELAXING. And, of course, working on a school project...
I get to spend my break planning a 2 week PODCASTING unit!!! Yes, I am excited about it. :)
The final project in TG's IR class will be podcasting... wahhh! I think everyone knows how excited I am about podcasting by this time :) Here is my plan so far:
- Introduce podcasting/Gabcast
- Lay down my expectations and requirements for the assignment, which are as follows:
+ Students will be researching a topic individually and later in groups. Topics are forthcoming but include nuclear proliferation, war crimes/torture, climate change/global sustainability, genocide... if anyone has more ideas, please let me know :)
+ After students have completed research on their own, they will be put in groups of 3-4 to create a podcast about their common topic
+ Students will also be individually writing a paper on their topic, expressing reasons why nations either support or do not support that particular action (ex: proliferating nuclear weapons, approving torture of POWs)
+ Podcasts should address the two sides and state the group's opinion on their topic.
I still have to:
+ decide on all the topics
+ finalize requirements for the paper and the podcast
+ create my own example and figure out how I'm going to introduce the unit
+ decide how I want to grade this project
I am so excited to get this unit going... my kids are already really pumped at the thought of creating their own podcasts (with cell phones, no less). Hopefully everything works out! :D
Have a great break everyone... be happy and healthy!! See you all in 2008!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment