I love how we are both geeked about podcasting. Let me know how the chat with TG goes - I am trying to think up ways to use gabcast in my classroom too!
The one thing I came up with was an "intro" activity I had already been planning as a written assignment. I wanted my students to write me a letter at the start of the semester tell me about themselves. Now I think that I could give them to option to do it over the phone...this might motivate more students (because gabcast is obviously cool!) and maybe even help those students who struggle with writing to express themselves better.
I look forward to hearing what you come up with - I'm so glad we are both cute ex-cheerleader social studies teachers with big cheeks and perpetual smiles who both like gabcast.
Carline So thrilled to hear that you found the podcasting workshop useful! I'm also excited that you think you may be able to apply some of this cell phones podcasting in your student teaching! Please let me know how it goes...don't you just love being able to post your blog from anywhere with the cell :)
2 comments:
I want to leap out of your book!
I love how we are both geeked about podcasting. Let me know how the chat with TG goes - I am trying to think up ways to use gabcast in my classroom too!
The one thing I came up with was an "intro" activity I had already been planning as a written assignment. I wanted my students to write me a letter at the start of the semester tell me about themselves. Now I think that I could give them to option to do it over the phone...this might motivate more students (because gabcast is obviously cool!) and maybe even help those students who struggle with writing to express themselves better.
I look forward to hearing what you come up with - I'm so glad we are both cute ex-cheerleader social studies teachers with big cheeks and perpetual smiles who both like gabcast.
LOVE YA - M
Carline
So thrilled to hear that you found the podcasting workshop useful! I'm also excited that you think you may be able to apply some of this cell phones podcasting in your student teaching! Please let me know how it goes...don't you just love being able to post your blog from anywhere with the cell :)
Post a Comment