I have been putting lots of my energy towards stress lately. Stressing about what I'm doing in the classroom, whether or not it's good enough, whether or not my kids are liking my class, whether or not my kids are liking me.
I've accepted that this year is going to be an experimentation of pretty much everything.
But I haven't EMBRACED the supreme opportunity I have to do this experimentation!! I have what every first year teacher probably wants: the freedom to what whatever I want in the classroom (within reason) and try as many new things as possible. Wow. I am a lucky girl. :)
My freshmen are writing their own Greek tragedies and comedies today, and will be performing them next week. I've heard so many wonderful, creative ideas from them so far. I can't wait to see what they come up with. :)
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment